The diagnosis of gastritis during pregnancy requires an exhaustive anamnesis by the doctor, so that by collecting the information, he can identify the precise cause that causes the inflammation of the stomach lining.
Gastritis during pregnancy is very common , but it is not one of the causes of this disease, it is normal for you to experience all the symptoms related to pregnancy, but you have to know how to identify which ones are not related to it, such as gastritis.
In this article we will give you tips that will help you how to relieve gastritis in pregnancy and what precautions you should consider to avoid it. Your health is essential and it is necessary to take the appropriate measures to prevent future problems.
Symptoms of Gastritis in Pregnancy
It is known that nausea and vomiting can be discomforts typical of pregnancy, but when they are accompanied by gastroesophageal reflux, heartburn, pain in the epigastrium, bad breath, heavy digestion, dyspepsia, among others; we can think of the possibility of irritation of the stomach lining and this is where gastritis and pregnancy begin to be related.
As in the rest of the population, the causes of this disease are stress, the consumption of alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, fried foods, sugars and refined carbohydrates; as well as Helicobacter pylori infections.
The type of treatment for gastritis in pregnancy will depend on the cause that originated it. This problem is not permanent, with proper treatment it can be reversed. Taking into account that sometimes the symptoms persist for a few weeks after completing the treatment, while the affected mucosa is restored.
It is important to mention that gastritis itself is not going to affect the baby, and in this part it is recommended that, when taking medications, you do it with medical guidance to prevent complications or setbacks in your pregnancy.
Gastritis-related pregnancy changes:
- Hormonal changes: they cause the digestive system to distend the muscles, showing an elongation of the esophageal sphincter that is conducive to reflux.
- Physical changes: uterine growth compresses the organs of the abdominal cavity, takes space from the stomach and slows down the digestive process.
These changes cause stomach discomfort in women, but to cause inflammation, one of the aforementioned causal factors must be present.
Do you want to know how to Eliminate Gastritis from my life step by step? ENTER HERE
Here are some home remedies for gastritis in pregnancy that will help your health and reduce the effects that these can cause you. Perseverance and changes in your lifestyles will benefit you and combat this problem.
- Whole grains and nuts (walnuts, almonds) contain vitamin B1, which promotes digestion.
- A milky oatmeal smoothie on an empty stomach will protect the stomach from inflammation.
- Chamomile is an excellent anti-inflammatory thanks to a compound called bisabol. It has carminative properties by relieving stomach discomfort. Have a cup of tea after meals.
- Coconut water neutralizes acidity and aids digestion by expelling toxic waste. In addition, its consumption contributes to the production of amniotic fluid during pregnancy.
- A spinach and carrot smoothie in a 2/3 ratio protects the stomach against irritating foods.
We present a series of tips that you need to follow to avoid any discomfort during pregnancy:
- Reduce food portions and increase their frequency every 2-3 hours (digestion time) to avoid overloading your stomach.
- Avoid taking naps after meals.
- When resting, sleep on the left side, this will favor intestinal transit, prevent stomach reflux, help drain lymph (avoiding edema), and prevent compression of the great vessels (inferior cava, aorta), improving circulation. You must remember when sleeping on your back or on the right side that the weight of the uterus presses on these vessels, decreasing the flow of blood and oxygen for you and your baby. Sleeping on your right side in the last trimester of your pregnancy increases the risk of stillbirth.
- Help yourself by resting on your left side with a pillow between your legs (to align your hips) and another on the side of your belly, you will feel more comfortable.
- Do not drink coffee or beverages that contain caffeine. This substance in addition to irritating your stomach lining will alter your baby. When enjoying a chocolate, find out that its content is mostly cocoa.
- Avoid consuming water with food , preferably take it 30 minutes before this will protect the stomach walls. Do not drink cold water as this helps to solidify the fats.
- Eat slowly , dedicating yourself to chewing. You can try not to take another spoonful to your mouth until you have swallowed, this will help you to be attentive while you eat.
- Purify your mental state before eating, maintain positive thoughts by convincing yourself that the food is going to be beneficial for you and your baby.
- Avoid periods of stress, remember that, in response to this, your body releases cortisol which crosses the placental barrier and ends up stressing your baby as well. Calm yourself with the help of your breath by being mindful of the present moment.
- Banish refined sugar from your diet for your baby. In addition to containing phosphoric acid irritating the mucosa, it does not have any nutritional value and is related to cases of decalcification; steals the calcium your baby needs to develop.
Take care of yourself and remember that a being has chosen you as a companion guide on the path to happiness. With these recommendations that I have provided, they are enough to prevent any mishap since pregnant women are more sensitive to contracting an inflammation of the stomach due to the Helicobacter pylori bacteria .
Keep in mind that the use of medications such as Ranitidine in pregnancy should always be indicated by a doctor , this will help you reduce acidity and control any symptoms, and if possible you should make changes to your diet.
Homemade or natural remedies will benefit you and can be used as a secondary alternative to your discomfort, always with the consent of your doctor. I invite you to continue browsing my blog, where you will find other types of very beneficial tips for your health.